Thursday 6 March 2008

ID cards.

I've never been happy about the government's ID card plan, but haven't felt really outraged about it until today. I watched the 2006 film Children of Men last night, which is set 20 years in the future and in which the UK government is rounding up immigrants and herding them into concentration camps.

Then I heard our Home Secretary talking on the radio this morning about forcing immigrants to carry ID cards while the rest of us don't have to. And I wondered: is this how it starts?


I dunno. It's probably a simplistic and very clichéd way of looking at it. And to accuse anyone of being like a Nazi is such an over-used insult that I hesitate to draw the connection now. But I'm not seeing a huge difference between this decision and the one taken in Germany on September 1st in 1941.

How can we condone the making of different laws for people based on their country of origin? I'm shocked that it's even being considered.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Unfortunately this is a way for the government to try and force their views on us once more. There are currently only one group that needs ID cards in my opinion and thats the violent chavs that want our streets and have this strange convolutely culture that causes them to enjoy and not care about causing pain and suffering to people.

29 March 2008 at 08:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home