Tuesday 10 July 2007

Pupils to get lessons in money

Well, I'm quite pleased on the whole that Teenagers are to be taught about how to look after their finances, in a forthcoming revision of the secondary school curriculum in England, because I think the ability to take a snapshot view of the overall financial situation at any given time is a vital one for anyone to establish and maintain a healthy financial position.

BUT

I can't help being slightly worried that these lessons might end up taking the form of legitimised compulsory sales drives on the part of the banking industry.

Am I being too cynical?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Oh, it seems like I've changed my mind about this in the past 3 months. So fickle am I!

OK, well I'll argue with myself then and say I was right first time. ;-)

11 July 2007 at 00:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home